Below are helpful Halloween safety tips from the Irvine Police Department (IPD). Please keep this information in mind as you and your children head out for a fun night of trick-or-treating.
· Accompany children while trick-or-treating
· Never allow children to enter homes without an adult
· When crossing the street, use crosswalks and/or cross at the corners
· Carry flashlights or glow sticks
· Put reflective tape on costumes
· Use face make-up instead of masks, so children can see easier
· Drivers should be extra careful to look for children in dark costumes and keep speeds low
· Ensure porches and walkways are well lit
For general information about traffic safety, including bike, helmet, pedestrian and driver safety tips from IPD, click here.