Have you ever wanted to help your kids with reading at home? Or have you ever wondered how to make reading more fun for your kids? If so, then we have a wonderful Parent Outreach Event to attend!
On Feb. 13, 2020, 8:30 – 10 am in Woodbury Elementary's MPR, Woodbury Elementary’s Parent Outreach will host a Regional Parent Outreach Event: Family Time Reading Fun presented by UC Irvine’s Dr. Linda Clinard, a Family Literacy and Early Learning Consultant.
During the event, Dr. Clinard will discuss key components of literacy and a variety of FUN reading strategies that families can do at home with their children to promote literacy and foster a greater love of reading in the home! There will be hands-on demonstrations of these engaging family reading and language activities as well.
- Parents who attend will receive a leveled book for their elementary-aged child(ren).
- Parents will learn how to support their children’s literacy regardless of language barriers.
- Hands-On demonstrations of reading activities
- IUSD translators will be present at the event to assist your EL parents who need language assistance.
- Childcare will NOT be provided for this event since it is during school hours.
We are opening up our meeting to the IUSD elementary schools in our area also, so we can present this important information to parents of all elementary students in the region.
We look forward to seeing all of you at our fun-filled literacy event at Woodbury Elementary in its MPR
125 Great Lawn
Irvine, CA 92620